A family of about 8 related varieties, one of Italy’s oldest. Primary family members:
- Lambrusco di Sorbara: Lightest, most floral.
- Lambrusco Grasparossa (di Castelvetro): Bigger, fuller bodied; considered the best.
- Lambrusco Maestri: Aromas & flavors: Plum, black cherry, chocolate, violet, bubblegum.
- Lambrusco Marani: Tannic. Aromas & flavors: Violet, iris, peony, black currant, red cherry.
- Lambrusco Salamino: Happy medium between Grasparossa and Sorbara.
- Lambrusco Viadanese: Aka Lambrusco Mantovano.